Thursday, December 15, 2011

"Prepared for the cold, always."

Woooooooah!

I once went sledding with my dad. I almost died however, which taught me how dangerous life can be. As I went sledding down the puffy white hill near the college, I turned to wave at my family behind and above me. When I turned back around, all I saw was a small ditch. Not a problem, until I realized it was filled with ice. And the ice was jutting up at the side I was on. And then I hit it. I went flying, the sled still back at the ditch. I slid on my face for about twenty feet. It was painful, it was cold, and I’m pretty sure I got pneumonia a couple of weeks later. As I stood up, after of couple seconds of just saying, “Owwwwwww,” and brushed myself off. I began to walk back towards my sled, nursing my injured elbow. Not watching where I was going, I tripped on the ice once more, and face planted my sled. Pretty sure I busted my nose up, too. I hadn’t seen either of those outcomes in my future. In fact, I had assured myself that the day ahead of me was nothing but fun and sledding. WRONG. My dad didn’t even bother to come down the hill to help me. He probably saw the ditch before I went down the hill. I didn’t see what was coming however, and that applies a lot in life. You have to prepare for things thrown at you that you aren’t expecting. I’ve gone sledding since then, and it was at a golf course nearby where I made a sled out of my face. I was prepared for the inevitable, so when I almost got murdered on one of the greens, I was okay. I was prepared. Now, I'm always prepared, for any situation. Except school work. That's off limits. :)

7 comments:

  1. Aw, this is sad and kind of funny at the same time. Good lesson, its very practical. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, good lesson... Maybe not such a great way to learn it!! (: But it's good that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although we don't all end up face planting a sled, it's true that we have to prepare for the unexpected. Great lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great lesson! Prepare for the worst, you NEVER know what obsticles life will throw at you! I must say though that was not the safest and easiest way to learn this lesson, but hey go big or go home right?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel you on the sledding. I've done a couple of face plants myself, but have never thought about it in this way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, you lived. That's good, right? Well, at least you learned to be prepared for any situation. And you have serious bragging rights. Just saying. Good story.

    ReplyDelete