Thursday, December 15, 2011

"Good deeds aren't always fun, yet sometimes it does go unpunished."

ABANDON SHIP!
I don’t like boating. In fact, I hate it. If not for my friends and school life, I’d ditch this stinking state and go back to Tennessee where I’m nice and landlocked. That was just to preface the fact that when my parents tell me something about their precious boat, I practically ignore them. My dad once told me he was going to go check on the boat, and he needed my help. He wasn’t going to take no for an answer. Begrudgingly, we headed out to our little dock. There sat our boat, filling with water. My dad and I panicked, and leapt into the boat. I gunned the engines and took off, my dad looking for something to bail out the water with. He found a mini-Pringles cup and started bailing out water like a maniac. I managed to steer us towards big lagoon, and the ironic thing is that I managed to see another boat sinking nearby. As we reached the shore, my dad yelled, “CIRCLE AROUND!” The boat was still filled with water. We circled around, and eventually we made it back, safe and sound. While it may not seem like I learned anything from this experience, I did. If I hadn’t done what I’d done, or even been there, things could have gone horribly wrong. Nowadays, I’ve learned that sometimes you should go along with things, even if you don’t want to. I still hate the boat, but I’ll help out if need be. Some good deeds can be helpful, even if reluctance is there in the beginning.

4 comments:

  1. I used to be into boating, but then i took an arrow to the knee. :-l

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree one hundred percent with you. I hate my boat. Yet I always get to go help out and clean the boat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha , I laughed at the thought of you emptying , what seems to be , gallons of water out of a boat with a mini Pringles cup ! AHAHAHA .

    Good job anyways , Jonny - boy :D

    ReplyDelete